Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Story 15: Pick the Good One












(Click here to hear audio.)

We, my mom and my dad, we always go to stores shopping, like when we want to buy something for the little kids or when we buy some electricity machine or laundry or computers. I always go with them. They take me so I can pick the right thing. When the electric machine broke, we took it back. They don’t speak English.

We bought the computer in Best Buy. Even there, the washing machine we bought in Best Buy.
When first we got here, we bought a computer. But I wasn’t that good in computers, so my friend from Kenya and I went with them too. He said, “This computer is good.” It was Compaq. So when they brought it home—we just used it like three months—then it started having problems, not working. So we took it back to the store and they said, “You guys gotta call the company.” Then we got it home. We found someone. They fixed it, and it was still the same. When they fixed it, in two weeks, it got the same problem.

So, I got another computer. The one I bought last year, I bought my own e-machine. I bought that one and it didn’t get a problem. One of my friends has it. He bought it in like 2006 and he still uses it. And then two week ago, we bought another new computer for my little brother. We come and I pick the computer.

My parents always ask me. “Make sure you pick something good, because we don’t know which one is good. You know which one is better. It can work well. So make sure you get the good one, the right one.” So they just ask me to pick the good one. They don’t really know which one works better. So I pick same computer I have for my brother, so he’s using one without problem.

When they’ve got an appointment, I translate for them. My big sister too, but she’s not always home, so when I’m home I do that. She used to do it, but now I’m in charge. I always want to when they’ve got an appointment. I want to translate for them because I want to be something in medical field. I told my doctor too. I want to go find out more, ask the doctor questions. When I go there, I always ask the doctors questions.

No comments: