Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Story 14: Mom and Dad








(Click here to hear audio.)

She’s my mom. I respect her. She’s helpful, nice. She’s a tall, dark-skinned, peaceful woman. She brought us up. She made us grow up.

She cooks for us everything. She cleans the rooms for us, like she does a lot. And she buys us clothes and everything. All the food she makes is best.

Dad, he’s tough. The children do whatever he tells. And he’s nice. Like when you ask him for something, he says, “I’m not gonna give you,” but he always does. And he just says, like if you ask, “Can I get this one?” He say, “No, you’re not getting it” in a serious way, but then he will just give it to you.

Dad fixes cars. When he was in Africa, he used to be in construction. He used to build houses. Here he fixes cars. Now I can change a brake, I can change rotors, the wheels. I learn from him.

No comments: