Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Story 8: This Is a Quarter









(Click here to hear audio.)

My friends took me to the store to buy something. They took me a lot of places. The first store in the U.S. I went to was Dollar Tree. After my friends took me, my brother, sister, and me went to the Dollar Tree store.

So we walked in Dollar Tree store. We bought something. I had $5. Then the shopkeepers gave me my change back. The quarters in the United States and Kenya, they look alike. They are the same size and they are both white. They are different. It is like one dollar in Kenya.

I was thinking that quarter was like same as Kenya. I was using as one dollar. Then my brother told me, “This is dollar. This is quarter. This is dime. This is nickel.” He was here before I came here.

Now I know.

No comments: